Bring your team together to craft beautiful couplet cards in our hands-on Virtual Chinese Calligraphy Class. A professional calligraphy master will cover everything from using brush and ink to how to hold your pen properly to create different letters.
Additionally, our event master will teach some useful artistry techniques to perfect your letterforms, whether writing names, messages, or auspicious phrases. By the end of your class, you and your team will learn to create stunning couplets that convey blessings and good fortune with style and precision.
The Hooray Teams Virtual Chinese Calligraphy Couplet Class includes -
- Your professional host, who will be with you online the whole time.
- A meeting link to join, while our host handles the rest of the things.
How it works
Booking an event on Hooray Teams is as simple as 1, 2 and 3!
1 Once you’ve made your payment, you’ll receive a confirmation of the booking.
2 Then one of our event planners will reach out to check if you have any questions or want to make any customizations to the event (for free!).
3 Before the event, we’ll send you a link. Simply create a meeting with your team and copy and paste this Zoom link in for the event.
And you’re ready! On the day of the event, simply join the link, and our expert hosts will take care of it from there. You can sit back with your team and enjoy the whole event.
Example of a show that we have run
Before the show
- A Zoom link will be sent to you once your payment has been made & booking confirmed.
- Copy this link and create a meeting invitation for your team.
- Paste this link as the location of the meeting.
On the day of the event
- Click the link at the scheduled time. Your host will be there, ready to welcome you all.
- Want to add your own unique welcome message as well? Let us know & we can ask the host to help.
First 5 minutes
- Our host will give you a warm welcome and will start the event once we've reached the expected number of attendees.
- Our host will keep the atmosphere lively with some great music and light-hearted conversations.
Next 5 minutes
- Our host will provide a brief overview of how the Virtual Chinese Calligraphy Couplet Class will be conducted and run through general guidelines.
Next 40-50 minutes
- The instructor demonstrates essential calligraphy techniques, such as proper brush handling, ink loading, and stroke formation.
- You will have hands-on practice to hold the brush, apply pressure, and execute various strokes.
- Then, start with individual characters, compose short phrases or poems, and finally, craft traditional couplets.
Last 5 minutes
- And that's a wrap!
- A winner is announced
- A screenshot of the group is taken
Things you’ll need for the event
- Host to run event
- Link that will be used for meeting event
- Video and microphone
- Paper, pen, pencil, eraser, ruler, paint, brush
- Free cancellation 10 days prior to the event